Hi everyone, welcome to my blog!
Here I will post my kitchen experiments and favorite recipes. A little about my influences - I was born in Moldova, I grew up in Israel, I moved to the USA, and I studied abroad in both Argentina and France. I've also traveled quite a bit and had friends from all over the world, so you can expect to find quite the random assortment of foods on this blog! However, if they made it here it means they've been tried and joyfully devoured!
Cooking food from places around the world is a journey for me and I love finding recipes from places I've been or haven't been and give them a try, so if you have any favorites, don't hesitate to share!
So here it is, I finally decided to find me a place online where all my journeys can coalesce, enjoy!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Dill Ebelskivers


As previously promised in the main ebelskivers post, I am posting some of the recipes I tried from the ebelskivers book of recipes. This one has been our favorite so far as it combines the classic flavors of smoked salmon and cream cheese but this time not on a bagel! Try it out!


INGREDIENTS
1 cup all purpose flour
1.5 tsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 large eggs, separated
1 cup whole milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter
½ tsp ground pepper
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup firmly packed chopped fresh dill
3.5 tbsp minced smoked salmon
3.5 tbsp whipped-style cream cheese


METHOD
1.     Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
2.     Separately, whisk egg yolks, whisk in milk, lemon juice and melted but cooled butter.
3.     Add yolk mixture to flour mixture, add the dill, stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Don’t over stir, batter will be lumpy.
4.     Separately, using an electric mixer on high speed beat the egg whites until still peaks form. Using a silicone spatula, fold about 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter to lighten it, then fold the rest until no white streaks remain. Use batter right away.
5.     Brush the wells of the pan with some melted butter and place over medium heat. When butter starts to bubble add 1 tbsp batter to each well, then ½ tsp salmon, then ½ tsp cream cheese, and top off with 1 tbsp batter. Cook until bottoms are lightly browned, turn them over, and cook till lightly browned.
6.    Remove and keep warm in a 200F oven. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for savor ebelskiver recipes. Thanks for posting. I'm going to try your recipe with salmon. Love my ebelskiver pan!

    ReplyDelete